The deluge 1974 online dating

Rated 4.36/5 based on 533 customer reviews

The civilian Dodge Power Wagon was designed off an existing T214 Dodge truck chassis that served the Allies during World War II. It was offered virtually unchanged in appearance from the spring of 1946 to 1968, when the model was discontinued for domestic sales.

(Production for exports continued.) The rugged Power Wagon was a no-nonsense truck, a throwback to a time when trucks were trucks and there was little effort to move upmarket with carlike features.

The Power Wagon’s large fenders gave owners plenty of room to increase wheel diameter for extra-heavy-duty applications.

Standard wheels were 16x5.50 inches wearing 7.50x16-inch eight-ply tires, or 16x6.50 inches wearing 9x16-inch eight-ply rubber.

For many truck enthusiasts, the history of Dodge trucks starts in the fall of 1993, with the introduction of the Ram pickup.

Author Notes Dodge has used the Power Wagon name several times over the years, starting in 1957 with the light-duty half-ton W100 (two-wheel-drive) and W200 (four-wheel-drive) models followed by the one-ton W300 in 1958.

Starting in 1956, the chassis-cab-only W500 two-ton model was offered; production ended in 1971when it was replaced with the W600 for the 1972 model year.

But the reality is that Dodge has a heritage in hard-working trucks dating back to 1916.

And of all the pickup trucks that Dodge has ever produced, one stands out: the Dodge Power Wagon, the first factory-built 4X4.

Leave a Reply